[gmx-users] centering with trjconv

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 10:25:59 CEST 2014

Hi Stephan,

Well, fine. I generally like (dark) chocolate cookies more (remember if you
visit) ;). But with PBC you need to make things whole or remove jumps
before doing anything to do with (rotational) fitting. And if the objective
is centering, having the bits in one piece without jumps is all there is to
it. The problem here was an infinite liquid film. That splits over
boundaries. A progressive fit is bound to fail in that case. -pbc whole
doesn't help much. You need to remove jumps. Then you probably want to have
your film in one box after centering. If you've rotated the system with a
fit, you're in trouble. That's why the trjconv workflow is written as it
is.

Cheers,

Tsjerk