[gmx-users] SSE4 → AVX2

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 12:31:08 CEST 2014

Hi,

Right, this is where you need to understand how you did (or want to) tell
cmake how to find the GROMACS source code directory; I can't know that,
which is why I linked the documentation ;-) You need to be in the right
folder, if you want to do an in-source build, or name the right folder, if
you want to do an out-of-source build. See
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Installation_Instructions?highlight=install+guide#configuring-with-cmake.
If you're following the instructions there, then you want cmake ..
-DGMX_SIMD=AVX_256.

You're passing a variable to cmake with -DGMX_SIMD=whatever, not setting an
environment variable.

Mark