[gmx-users] Gromacs 4.6.7 released

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 17:59:40 CEST 2014

Hi GROMACS users,

 GROMACS 4.6.7 is officially released. It contains a few bug fixes,
particularly with regard to correctness of hybrid MPI/OpenMP PME
simulations at moderate-to-high parallelism. We encourage all users to
upgrade their installations from earlier 4.6.x releases, particularly from
4.6.6 wherein some of the problems now fixed were introduced. All the
applicable content updated in 4.6.7 will also be found in the 5.0.1
release, out shortly.

 This is (again) the last planned release for the 4.6 series. Our resources
only permit us to support one stable branch, which is now that of 5.0. We
might revise that and make a new 4.6.8 release if new evidence of serious
problems is found.

 You can find the code, manual, release notes, installation instructions
and test suite at the links below. Note that the tests and manual have not
changed since 4.6.5.

 ftp://ftp.gromacs.org/pub/gromacs/gromacs-4.6.7.tar.gz

ftp://ftp.gromacs.org/pub/manual/manual-4.6.7.pdf

http://www.gromacs.org/About_Gromacs/Release_Notes/Versions_4.6.x#Release_notes_for_4.6.7

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Installation_Instructions_4.6

http://gerrit.gromacs.org/download/regressiontests-4.6.7.tar.gz

 Happy simulating!