[gmx-users] How to combine Slipid FF with amber FF?

rajat desikan rajatdesikan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 14:20:47 CEST 2014

Hi,

Slipids are already compatible with Amber. Just download the proper
lipid.itp file (DPPC.itp, DMPC.itp, ...) from the Slipids website, and
include the below line in your .top after processing your protein with
pdb2gmx (and selecting some Amber FF).

; Include lipid topology
#include "./DMPC.itp"

Of course, you can change the name of the lipid.itp according to the
lipids in your system.

The order in which this appears in your .top matters. If you add the
lipids to your simulation box and then solvate it, the above line must
come prior to the water.itp

Regards,

--
Rajat Desikan (Ph.D Scholar)
Prof. K. Ganapathy Ayappa's Lab (no 13),