[gmx-users] charmm to gromacs

Jernej Zidar jernej.zidar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 07:47:50 CET 2014

Dear Rebeca,
  For small organic molecules you should use the portal
www.paramchem.org to do the initial atom typing. Then you can use the
python script found on the website of dr MacKerell
(http://mackerell.umaryland.edu/charmm_ff.shtml#gromacs) to convert
the resulting str file to a Gromacs-friendly format (including writing
the top and itp files).

Cheers,
Jernej