[gmx-users] constrained bonds

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Dec 3 00:23:01 CET 2014

On 12/2/14 1:19 PM, marzieh dehghan wrote:
> Hi every body
>
> I created covalent bond by the latest version of autodock.according to the
> tutorial of protein-ligand complex with gromacs, the result of covalent
> bond was used for MD. after energy minimization, ligand was separated from
> protein.
>
>   I would like to know how can I occur constrained bond between protein and
> ligand to keep them in the suitable distance?

If you need an actual bond, as in the case of a covalently bound ligand, this is
a somewhat different case from most tutorials, which deal with the trivial case
of noncovalent binding.  In the case of a covalently bound ligand, you need to
introduce a new residue into the force field.

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Adding_a_Residue_to_a_Force_Field

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629