[gmx-users] Segfault on energy minimization

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 20:30:37 CET 2014

Hi,

The "Fmax= 2.35818e+10, atom= 214" in the output says you are
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Blowing_Up, likely because
you've constructed initial conditions that don't make sense, leading to
forces many orders of magnitude higher than you probably intend. Start with
the simplest system you can think of, to debug your topology, force field
and initial coordinates.

Mark