[gmx-users] adding hydrogen atoms into a POPC membrane

Carlos Navarro Retamal cnavarro at utalca.cl
Sat Dec 13 06:47:31 CET 2014

Dear gromacs users,
I just ran a CG simulation of a system consisting in a protein embedded in a POPC membrane solvated in water.
After that i ran the script .initram to obtain an AA representation of my system (gromos54a7), but sadly i couldn’t find a *.itp with the description of the hydrogen atoms of the membrane.
So, is there a way to add the missing atoms after this step? and if its not posible, could someone provide me with the ‘correct’ *itp file (hopefully gromos or charmm ff) ?
Thanks in advance.
Have a nice weekend,
Carlos

--