[gmx-users] adding hydrogen atoms into a POPC membrane

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Dec 13 15:38:13 CET 2014

On 12/13/14 12:47 AM, Carlos Navarro Retamal wrote:
> Dear gromacs users,
> I just ran a CG simulation of a system consisting in a protein embedded in a POPC membrane solvated in water.
> After that i ran the script .initram to obtain an AA representation of my system (gromos54a7), but sadly i couldn’t find a *.itp with the description of the hydrogen atoms of the membrane.

Gromos96 54A7 is not all-atom, hence why the hydrogens are "missing."

> So, is there a way to add the missing atoms after this step? and if its not posible, could someone provide me with the ‘correct’ *itp file (hopefully gromos or charmm ff) ?

We include POPC in our CHARMM36 port, but you'll need to add an .hdb entry for
POPC, which is largely very repetitive but very easy.

http://mackerell.umaryland.edu/charmm_ff.shtml#gromacs

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629