[gmx-users] Stop protein diffusion in simulation box to make a movie

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Dec 13 15:36:35 CET 2014

On 12/13/14 6:04 AM, Hassan Aaryapour wrote:
> Dear Gromacs Users,
> I made a trajectory movie using VMD and smoothing increased for
> getting the residues motion slower, but the protein is translate and
> diffuse in box, and causes very hard of seeing and analyzing how
> ligand structure changes during simulation. How can I stop the protein
> translation and following ligand motion easier?

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Periodic_Boundary_Conditions#Suggested_trjconv_workflow

For a simple case like this, centering and subsequent rotational+translational
fitting is all you should need.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629