[gmx-users] mdp file coarse grained simulation with cutoff-scheme =?utf-8?Q?=3D_?=Verlet

Carlos Navarro Retamal cnavarro at utalca.cl
Sun Dec 14 20:12:02 CET 2014

Dear Mark,
Thanks for your quick reply.
I used this one as a template (provided by one of the tutorials of martini)

> dt = 0.02 nsteps = 1000000 nstxout = 0 nstvout = 0 nstlog = 10000 nstxtcout = 1000 xtc-precision = 10 rlist = 1.4 coulombtype = shift rcoulomb = 1.2 epsilon_r = 15 vdw-type = shift rvdw-switch = 0.9 rvdw = 1.2 tcoupl = v-rescale tc-grps = Protein W tau-t = 1.0 1.0 ref-t = 300 300 Pcoupl = parrinello-rahman Pcoupltype = isotropic tau-p = 12.0 compressibility = 3e-4 ref-p = 1.0 refcoord_scaling = all

and i add cutoff-scheme = Verlet, but i got the following errors:

> ERROR 1 [file dynamic.mdp]:
>   With Verlet lists only cut-off LJ interactions are supported
>

> ERROR 2 [file dynamic.mdp]:
>   With Verlet lists only cut-off, reaction-field, PME and Ewald
>   electrostatics are supported

so my question is. For a system consisting in a protein and a membrane, which options are the correct ones for the vdw and the electrostatic interactions? I read on another topic that for the electrostatic interactions the PME approximation is the best, but i don’t know which one would be the best for the vdw term.
Kind regards,
Carlos

--
Carlos Navarro Retamal