[gmx-users] Illegal instruction flag raised in GMX 5.0.4

Jayant James jayant.james at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 08:42:08 CET 2014

Hi!
In the process of trying to simulate phosphorylated serines I installed
gromacs 5.0.4 because I was running into problems with pdb2gmx command not
able to merge files. After installation I ran a test command and got the
error below.  I am kinda lost as to what could be happening!!
I would appreciate any suggestions
Thank you
Jayant James

ERROR MESSAGE

GROMACS:      gmx editconf, VERSION 5.0.4
Executable:   /share/apps/gromacs/5.0.4/bin/gmx
Library dir:  /share/apps/gromacs/5.0.4/share/gromacs/top
Command line:
  editconf -h

Illegal instruction

--