[gmx-users] gmxcheck : Magic Number Error in XTC file (read 0, should be 1995)

Amit Kumawat amit.kumawat20 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 15:33:57 CET 2014

Dear Gromacs Users,

I have a trajectory of 2microsecond.
I am trying to use gmxcheck to analyse trajectory but I am getting
following error;

Program gmxcheck, VERSION 4.6.5
Source code file: /home/suman/sources/gromacs-4.6.5/src/gmxlib/xtcio.c,
line: 92

Fatal error:
Magic Number Error in XTC file (read 0, should be 1995)

I have seen similar questions in the mailing list describing the trajectory
may be corrupted. If its true in all the cases of this error, Is there any
way to recover the trajectory?

Please provide suggestion to solve the error.

Regards,
​Amit

Amit R. Kumawat
Junior Research Fellow,