[gmx-users] multiple GPU on multiple nodes

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 20:36:35 CET 2014

On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 12:06 AM, cyberjhon <cyberjhon at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Szilard
>
> Thanks for your answer but I think that I did not make myself clear enough
>
> I am trying to use 2 GPUs, each one in a different node.
> but it seems that gromacs only detects the one.

How do you know that it only detects one?

The message which says "1 GPU detected on host nid00900:" does not
mean that only one GPU was detected. The log file is written on a
single rank (master rank = #0) and that's where you get the detection
output. The GPU setup is assumed to be homogenous across nodes, i.e.
if on node nid00900 you have one GPU and you run two PP ranks on it
(-gpu_id 00) this will mean that on another rank, e.g. nid00901, the
same setup will apply.

Cheers,
--
Szilárd