[gmx-users] AMBER99sb-ILDN - protonated C-terminus

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Feb 4 14:53:29 CET 2014

On 2/4/14, 5:15 AM, Marieke Schor wrote:
> Hi, I would like to test the effect of low pH on the stability of my protein
> hexamer. For the neutral pH case I used the AMBER99sb-ILDN forcefield but this
> appears not to have parameters to describe a protonated C-terminus. I can only
> find one paper that uses AMBER99sb-ILDN with protonated C-termini and this study
> used NAMD to run the simulations. So far, I am having a hard time figuring out
> how to convert these to GROMACS AMBER99sb-ILDN parameters. Could anyone help me
> with either
> 1) how to convert these AMBER/NAMD parameters to a GROMACS compatible itp file
> or
> 2) if someone has AMBER99sb-ILDN protonated C-termini itp that would be even
> better.

The AMBER force fields parametrize the N- and C-terminal residues individually,
so unfortunately the normal Gromacs terminal assignment approach cannot be
applied.  The N- and C-terminal versions of each amino acid are listed as a
separate .rtp entry, so if you want to add a new one, you have to add it to
aminoacids.rtp by following
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Adding_a_Residue_to_a_Force_Field.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences