[gmx-users] Peptide orientation

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Feb 9 16:30:22 CET 2014

On 2/9/14, 9:33 AM, pratibha wrote:
> Dear gromacs users
>
> I have two peptides with their initial conformation as beta strand each. I
> have to place them laterally in antiparallel fashion before I can begin my
> simulation. I am aware that the random placement that can be done by ci
> option of genbox.
> But how to place peptides in specific orientations at specific distances.

Within Gromacs, the best options are editconf features like -rotate and
-translate.  If you align one peptide along an axis (i.e. x-axis with editconf
-princ), the remaining transformations are trivial.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601