[gmx-users] Protein - Ligand simulation

lucaam86 borroluca at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 20:20:38 CET 2014

Hi, I'm not a Biologist, I'm designer interested to molecular modelling and
3D visualization of proteins and molcules.
I use gromacs but I'm not an expert of this.
I would create an animation of the interaction between D-Alanyl -D Alanine
carboxypeptidase and penicillin. In general i would see how the penicillin
attack the enzime that build bacterial's wall and I would see it in an
animation that it will processed into a Graphic 3D software (like as Maya or
Blender).

I've a .pdb file of complex of the Streptomyces R61 DD-peptidase with
penicillin G (pdb ID "1pwc").
I would like to know if I can realize this trajectory with gromacs.
I would have initially two separate molecules in a solvent and and see how
these two molecules bind in an animation.

Some of you could give me directions on how to get this trajectory?
Thank you in advance.