[gmx-users] Umbrella Sampling between Nanotubes

Dr. Vitaly Chaban vvchaban at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 14:47:49 CET 2014

Not sure that I got your question correctly...

The atom indices, which you supply to umbrella code, can be defined as
you like, without being bound to the molecules they belong to in the
topology files. Therefore, if you need to restraint certain number of
atoms in a system, just enumerate them within the same index group and
supply the group name to the umbrella code.

Of course, if your aim is to compute free energies, all the involved
subsystems should be of the same composition.

Dr. Vitaly V. Chaban