[gmx-users] Umbrella Sampling between Nanotubes

Steven Neumann s.neumann08 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 16:06:43 CET 2014

Thanks for this! That makes it challenging with a system with more
nanotubes then... so I will start with two.
Have you ever tried to apply umbrella sampling to caluclate the PMF? Do you
think it is the best way? I just want to define the equilibrium distance
between two nanotube surfaces... And also if you use it which options in
mdp would you recommend:
pull-geometry: distance of cylinder?
pull: umbrella?

I have some polypeptides attached to my both nanotubes, would the specify
the index groups as nanotubes only or both nanotube+polypeptide
(pull-group0 and pull-group1)?

Thanks a lot,

Steven