[gmx-users] PMF plot against distance

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Feb 20 12:20:41 CET 2014

On 2/20/14, 5:00 AM, Arunima Shilpi wrote:
> Dear Sir
>
> I have been working in umbrella sampling to analyse protein-ligand
> interaction and
> calculate Potential Mean Force (PMF).
> I have generated the following his.xvg file and have provided in the
> attachment. I request you to kindly guide me as to how to plot against
> distance.

The list does not accept attachments.  Share files or images through public
servers for those purposes.

The PMF you get from g_wham is plotted as a function of whatever reaction
coordinate you define.  If it is a vector, then you have PMF as a function of
distance.  The default x-axis label from g_wham (last I checked) was,
unfortunately, the letter "z," which is confusing.  It should actually be a
Greek "zeta" to correspond with the typical reaction coordinate notation.  Zeta
is whatever you define.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601