[gmx-users] aMD for Gromacs?

Michael Shirts mrshirts at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 06:02:26 CET 2014

Accelerated MD does not give correct dynamics either.  Systems are not
trapped in minima the appropriate amount of time; you can't directly
map the faster movement through space back to the movement in the
original space unless the cutoff energy is so low as to not really
provide any advantage.

I would say that both "metadynamics" and "accelerated MD" are not
necessarily the most precise of names for methods out there . . .