[gmx-users] electrical potential using Gromacs

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Jan 6 17:11:13 CET 2014

On 1/4/14, 12:00 PM, Andrew DeYoung wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was able to "fix" the drift in the electric potential by using particle
> decomposition parallelization instead of domain decomposition when running
> the simulations using mdrun (although I still do not know why this "fixes"
> the problem).  Domain decomposition is the default parallelization in
> Gromacs, but particle decomposition can be used with the -pd switch of
> mdrun.  However, I think that particle decomposition is slated to be removed
> in future versions of Gromacs.

Given that there seems to be a problem with DD, I have opened a Redmine issue:

http://redmine.gromacs.org/issues/1416

If you would like to add input files that reproduce the problem, that would help
in arriving at a solution.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy