[gmx-users] errors with charmm36 ?

Albert mailmd2011 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 17:47:42 CET 2014

It is good to know that the c36 and CGenFF is actively update. I just
noticed that this new version c36 no longer contains classic TII3P water
models:

  1: TIP3P   TIP 3-point, recommended, by default uses CHARMM TIP3 with
LJ on H
  2: TIP4P   TIP 4-point
  3: TIP5P   TIP 5-point
  4: SPC     simple point charge
  5: SPC/E   extended simple point charge
  6: None

So in priciple, we have to use CHARMM TIP3P model, is it correct?

I am always wondering, would it be better if there is a tool that could
convert the output from paramchem websever into a "single" ligand.itp
file? The parachem website can export the results including all known
information from CGenFF related to target ligand. In such compelte
output file, it contains all necessary information for a ligand
parameters and toplogy....

thank you very much

Albert