[gmx-users] errors with charmm36 ?

Thomas Piggot t.piggot at soton.ac.uk
Tue Jan 14 18:21:35 CET 2014

I would just like to also re-iterate the point made by Justin. The
conversion of the lipid parameters into GROMACS format was done before
there were published updates to other parts of the CHARMM force field
and so it is only the lipids which are the CHARMM36 parameters.

Regarding the choice of TIP3P water to use, further details regarding
the impact of the water model upon lipid membranes (which can be large)
and proteins (which was suggested to be minimal) can be seen in the
following papers:

Lipids: http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ct3003157

Proteins: http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ct900549r

Cheers