[gmx-users] Compressibility in lipid membranes

panzu sergio.panzuela at estudiante.uam.es
Sat Jan 18 21:05:21 CET 2014

Hello to everybody,

I am performing a simulation of a lipid membrane made of DPPC molecules in a
water solvent and I am fixing certain surface tension.

; Pressure coupling      =
Pcoupl                   = berendsen
Pcoupltype               = surface-tension
; Time constant (ps), compressibility (1/bar) and reference P (bar) =
tau_p                    = 4.0 4.0
compressibility          = ?   ?
ref_p                    = 500.0 1.0

However I dont know which compressibility I should fix in each  direction.

Could anybody help me with this issue and explain to me why it should be in
such a way?

Thanks in advance!!