[gmx-users] Installing Gromacs 4.6.5 - Problem with FFTW

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 21:10:13 CET 2014

Hi Marvin,

>From what you write it is not entirely clear how/where did you install
FFTW. If you installed it in a custom location, you need to tell cmake
where that is (use the CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH variable). Otherwise, I
suggest to take the simpler path:
- Either run "cmake .. -DGMX_BUILD_OWN_FFTW=ON" with this instructing
the build system to download and build FFTW during the GROMACS build
process.
- Alternatively, you could also install FFTW through the package
manager (you'll need the libfftw3-3 and libfftw3--dev packages) which
the CMake build scripts should pick up.

Cheers,
--
Szilárd