[gmx-users] Installing Gromacs 4.6.5 - Problem with FFTW

GtrAngus maps99 at online.de
Mon Jan 20 00:48:51 CET 2014

So what I did until now:

I unpacked the *.tar file to the folder:

I made a new directory with

just like in the "quick and dirty installation" for gromacs.

When I am running

cmake checks and looks for some stuff (I am sorry to tell this way because I
have no idea what it is doing here...). It finds some of the required parts
and some are missing. I will post the last few lines in the console:

Now, what should I do in the next step? Can I go along with:

and later

?? Or should I try something diverent? I am sure these are noobish questions
but I am totally confused here. I guess it would be very helpfully, if you
can show me how to install gromacs into the default directory.

VMD is installed to:

How can I link gromacs to VMD?