[gmx-users] future of shell completions in GROMACS

Djurre de Jong-Bruinink djurredejong at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 21 10:25:29 CET 2014

>Do you use this feature?
>Do you use this feature with a shell other than bash?

Yes, I use this feature and missing it would be a great loss to my workflow. However, I only use it in bash. Is the auto-completion planned to work for files only, or also for the tools (e.g.: gmx gro<tab> auto-completes to gmx grompp). I noticed this doesn't work in the beta-version either.

On a slightly related issue: the enviroment variable "GMX_NO_CREDITS" doesn't work anymore in gmx5b. That made my work in the terminal a lot easier too (Not that I think you guys don't deserve the credits!). Is that planned to be reimplemented? I also find the template/layout of the "credits-section" less structured and appealing than in the old version.

Best regards/groetnis,
Djurre

Djurre H. de Jong, PhD
Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster
Institut für Physikalische Chemie
Corrensstr. 28/30
D-48149 Münster