[gmx-users] future of shell completions in GROMACS

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 17:37:23 CET 2014

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 10:23 AM, Djurre de Jong-Bruinink
<djurredejong at yahoo.com> wrote:

>>Do you use this feature?
>>Do you use this feature with a shell other than bash?
>
> Yes, I use this feature and missing it would be a great loss to my workflow. However, I only use it in bash. Is the auto-completion planned to work for files only, or also for the tools (e.g.: gmx gro<tab> auto-completes to gmx grompp). I noticed this doesn't work in the beta-version either.

I guess that doesn't work because the auto-completion has not been
adapted from 4.6 to 5.0. IMO we should fix this, but it'd be great to
get a few more +1-s and helping hands, otherwise there is a risk of it
getting deprecated which would be a big loss.

> On a slightly related issue: the enviroment variable "GMX_NO_CREDITS" doesn't work anymore in gmx5b. That made my work in the terminal a lot easier too (Not that I think you guys don't deserve the credits!). Is that planned to be reimplemented? I also find the template/layout of the "credits-section" less structured and appealing than in the old version.

Do you mean less structured and less appealing? Could you please file
a redmine issue about GMX_NO_CREDITS and whatever else you;d like to
mention?