[gmx-users] Pull code vs. manual pull for umbrella sampling

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Jan 27 22:00:19 CET 2014

On 1/27/14, 3:49 PM, shivangi nangia wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As I had explained earlier, I have done MD at varied protein bi-layer distances.
>
> I now want to create a probability distribution histogram along the reaction
> coordinate I generated by varying the distances.
>
> I know I can concatenate various .trr files I have from various MD runs with
> different initial starting configurations.

There is no need to concatenate trajectories.  In fact, that will probably make
your life harder having one massive trajectory.  I suspect you'll want the
distributions from each individual trajectory, anyway.

> Is there a way to obtain the probability distribution histogram.

That's what g_analyze -distr does.  Feed it the output of g_dist.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601