[gmx-users] does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt Error to compile GROMACS 4.6.3

leila salimi leilasalimi at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 18:25:12 CEST 2014

Dear GROMACS Users,

I tried to compile GROMACS on my computer, I did a quick installation as I
saw in the link
 tar -xvzf gromacs-4.6.1.tar.gz
 $ cd gromacs-4.6.1
 $ mkdir build
 $ cd build

( I did not have cmake and I got it form " sudo apt-get install cmake " in
build folder, then I tried the next line)

 $ cmake .. -DGMX_BUILD_OWN_FFTW=ON
 $ cmake ..

I tried to   sudo make install and I got the error

CMake Error: The source directory
"/fs01/ma05/homes/salimi/Programs/gromacs-4.6.3" does not appear to contain
CMakeLists.txt.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.
make: *** [cmake_check_build_system] Error 1

Althogh I have the CMakeLists.txt in the source path
"/fs01/ma05/homes/salimi/Programs/gromacs-4.6.3"
Do you know what it is wrong with this installation?

Kind Regards,
Leila