[gmx-users] input error?

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jul 31 18:40:27 CEST 2014

On 7/31/14, 8:41 AM, Urszula Uciechowska wrote:
> I have changed the Pcoupl into parrinello-rahman and I have still the same
> error. The input file was taken from the martini webpage
> http://md.chem.rug.nl/cgmartini/index.php/proteins

 From my experience, the settings in the "equilibration.mdp" file are generally
not very stable.  Without velocity generation, you get wild fluctuations in the
thermostat.  Using Parrinello-Rahman for initial equilibration is an especially
bad idea, because it leads to potentially large fluctuations in the box.

Fixes:

1. Generate velocities at the desired temperature with gen_vel and gen_temp.
2. Either use the Berendsen barostat (which is much more robust for initial
equilibration) or do NVT for some time before even attempting NPT.

-Justin

> define           =  -DPOSRES
> dt               =  0.02
> nsteps           =  25000
> nstxout          =  0
> nstvout          =  0
> nstlog           =  100
> nstxtcout        =  100
> xtc-precision    =  10
> rlist            =  1.4
> coulombtype      =  shift
> rcoulomb         =  1.2
> epsilon_r        =  15
> vdw-type         =  shift
> rvdw-switch      =  0.9
> rvdw             =  1.2
> tcoupl           =  v-rescale
> tc-grps          =  Protein W
> tau-t            =  1.0 1.0
> ref-t            =  300 300
> Pcoupl           =  parrinello-rahman
> Pcoupltype       =  isotropic
> tau-p            =  12.0
> compressibility  =  3e-4
> ref-p            =  1.0
> refcoord_scaling =  all
>
> Urszula Uciechowska
> ~

> Ta wiadomość została wysłana z serwera Uniwersytetu Gdańskiego
> http://www.ug.edu.pl/

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601