[gmx-users] Simplified picture: comments invited

Chetan Mahajan chetanvm10 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 04:33:26 CEST 2014

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no scope I can try smaller version of the system.
However, let me explain one lead that I indicated earlier. Coulomb energy
at the end of minimization is -5E-7, which becomes "-nan" at the zeroth
step of NPT molecular dynamics run after minimization and thus code
crashes. Question is what is it that is giving two different energy values
 (-5E-7 and -nan) for the same atomic configurations ( end of minimization,
beginning of molecular dynamics)? I removed barostat, thermostat, h-bond
constraints from the MD code, so as to come as close to minimization run as
possible. However, coulomb energy in MD code is still blowing up. This is
very interesting since as I said we have two points with different energy,
but same atomic configuration, any further leads?

(total charge is -0.018 in both minimization as well as MD code, so that's
not affecting, water is flexible during minimization and not so during MD.
However, that should not matter, since code is crashing very initial step
of MD run).

Thanks
Chetan