[gmx-users] Inserting aquaporin-1 in a bilayer with multiple lipids

Thomas Piggot t.piggot at soton.ac.uk
Wed Jun 4 00:55:27 CEST 2014

The abstract from the linked paper describes the method pretty well. By
applying a high lateral pressure, the protein is forced into the membrane.

As for the other method that I had seen at a conference (which I meant
to say in my previous message that I *couldn't* remember off the top of
my head!), I believe it involved the use of the free energy code to
slowly switch the protein on. As far as I am aware this method isn't
published/freely available yet.

Cheers

Tom

Dr Thomas Piggot