[gmx-users] Fwd: segmentation fault on gpus

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Jun 24 03:04:45 CEST 2014

On 6/23/14, 5:53 PM, ram bio wrote:
> Dear Gromacs Users,
>
> I have been trying to simulate protein-ligand complex using gromacs
> versions that use verlet cutoff scheme on gpus.
>
> These are some of the issues that i could resolve, and any kind of
> suggestion or help is appreciated.
>
> 1. With gromacs 4.6.5 i could simulate crystal structure from pdb but not
> modelled protein with ligand always ended up in segmentation fault. The MD
> run during equillibration runs for gew thousands of steps and errors out as
> segmentation fault, so i have to rerun using previous cpt file, for a run
> of 2ns to complete i have to rerun it for 7-10 times.
>
> So if the the system id not minimized, why would it go into rerun?
>
> 2. I though it could be a bug and used 4.6.3 and 5.0 release, with this
> trial i could equillibrate just modelled protein but not with the
> protein-ligand complex. The same error occurs as i mentioned above with
> protein-ligand complex...
>
> I am attaching my mdp file and the minimized structure that i am using for
> equillibration.

The list doesn't accept attachments.

It seems clear to me that your ligand topology is not stable.  If the protein
works, but the protein+ligand doesn't, what's changing?  That's the likeliest
source of your problem.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601