[gmx-users] Fwd: segmentation fault on gpus

ram bio rmbio861 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 18:14:59 CEST 2014

hi Justin,

Thanks, that makes sense, however I was able to use the same ligand toplogy
files with earlier versions like gromacs 4.5.4 to simulate protein ligand
complexes. I can simulate protein-ligand complexes with the current
versions also but only for the crystal structures that have ligand bound to
it, not the modelled proteins with ligands bound.

and also I would appreciate any comments on the mdp file as below:

title                  = Bilayer-500
cpp                    = /lib/cpp
constraint_algorithm = lincs
constraints    = all-bonds; added
lincs_iter     = 1; added
lincs_order    = 4; added
integrator             = md;
dt                     = 0.002
tinit                  = 0;
nsteps                 = 1000000 ; 2 ns
nstcomm                = 500
nstxout                = 5000
nstvout                = 5000
nstfout                = 0
nstxtcout              = 500
xtc_precision          = 1000
nstlog                 = 500
nstenergy              = 500
nstlist                = 50
ns_type        = grid; added
nstcalclr      = 1
; long range interactions
coulombtype            = PME
rlist                  = 1.4
rcoulomb               = 1.2
rvdw                   = 1.2
fourierspacing         = 0.16
pme_order              = 4
vdw-type               = Cut-off
cutoff-scheme          = Verlet
Tcoupl                 = v-rescale
tau_t                  = 0.1     0.1    0.1  0.1 0.1 0.1  0.1
0.1
tc-grps                = Protein POP    SOL  NA  CL LIG SOD CLA
ref_t                  = 303     303    303  303 303 303   303 303
; Energy monitoring
energygrps             = Protein POP SOL SOD CLA LIG NA CL
Pcoupl                 = Berendsen
pcoupltype             = semiisotropic
tau_p                  = 1.0    1.0
compressibility        = 4.5e-5 4.5e-5