[gmx-users] parameters problem

Nidhi Katyal nidhikatyal1989 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 19:16:08 CET 2014

To test swiss param parameters, I have generated *.pdb and *.itp files from
it. In the genbox command, I have used -ci *.pdb -nmol 2.
I have included *.itp in the topology as:

; Include Position restraint file
;#ifdef POSRES
;#include "posre.itp"
;#endif

;Include ligand topology
#include "ligand.itp"

; Include water topology
#include "charmm27.ff/tip3p.itp"

#ifdef POSRES_WATER
; Position restraint for each water oxygen
[ position_restraints ]
;  i funct       fcx        fcy        fcz
   1    1       1000       1000       1000
#endif

; Include topology for ions
#include "charmm27.ff/ions.itp"

[ system ]
; Name
Protein in water

[ molecules ]
; Compound        #mols
Protein_chain_A     1
LIG                 2
SOL             12904

But after I run grompp command, I get following error:

Fatal error:
Syntax error - File ligand.itp, line 7
Last line read:
'[ atomtypes ] '
Invalid order for directive atomtypes

Please help me rectify the problem of the order getting violated although
same worked for topology generated by PRODRG.

Thanks in advance.