[gmx-users] parameters problem

Nidhi Katyal nidhikatyal1989 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 11:32:43 CET 2014

Thanks Mark. Yes, my ligand.itp indeed has both [atomtypes] entry as well
as [molecule] entry. I have followed the following procedure to #include
while creating my first molecule:
Run pdb2gmx command.
Added #include "ligand.itp" after
#include "charmm27.ff/forcefield.itp"
but before
[ moleculetype ]
; Name            nrexcl
Protein_chain_A     3
and added at the end:
[ molecules ]
; Compound        #mols
Protein_chain_A     1
LIG                 1
SOL             17063

then I have merged protein and ligand coordinates by inserting ATOM lines
from ligand.pdb to *.pdb generated after pdb2gmx command.
Then. I run editconf, genbox and finally grompp command.

After which I got following error:
Fatal error:
No such moleculetype LIG

My both *.itp and *.pdb files contains LIG.

How to rectify the error? Thanks in advance.