[gmx-users] Interaction energy graph

kannan kannan.2910 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 05:50:29 CET 2014

Dear Justin,
sorry sir i forget to attahc the files, it is here attached. Thank you very
much for your reply.. I answer the above question,
1. I am doing the protein-ligand interaction(electrostati+vanderWaals). I
took the 140 amino acid as a sequence which contains binding site of the
protein in Chain A of protein.
2. why i choose this sequence is, to know the binding interaction in deep.
my objective is what are the amino acid residues are important for the
interaction with ligand and if we dock the ligand far away from the
important amino acid residues(which is essential for strong binding), how
the interaction energy varies.
3. while docking ligand with important amino acid residue, i get the
'A-plot', where as if i dock the ligand far away from this particular amino
acid residue, i get the 'B-plot'.

I think, my conclusion is that, the decreasing interaction in the B-plot is
due to the lack of the particular one important amino acid residue. so this
particular residue and its region is has more contribution in the binding...

I attached both the A-plot and B-plot sir...

is my conclusion correct from the graph?

Thank you justin

A-plot.jpg (24K) <http://gromacs.5086.x6.nabble.com/attachment/5015190/0/A-plot.jpg>
B-plot.jpg (21K) <http://gromacs.5086.x6.nabble.com/attachment/5015190/1/B-plot.jpg>