[gmx-users] Error: illegal instruction (core dumped)

Ly Minh Nhat ganuongphap at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 06:54:36 CET 2014

   - "does it work?  Does it give an error?"
   It's not. The error is:

CMake Error at fftwBuild-stamp/extract-fftwBuild.cmake:11 (message):
error: file to extract does not exist:

   - The output of cat /proc/cpuinfo:
   ooker at ooker-Aspire-4741:~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 37
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU        P6200  @ 2.13GHz
stepping        : 5
microcode       : 0xd1070214
cpu MHz         : 933.000
cache size      : 3072 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 2
apicid          : 0
initial apicid  : 0
fdiv_bug        : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 11
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx rdtscp lm
constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf pni
dtes64 monitor ds_cpl est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid popcnt lahf_lm arat
dtherm
bogomips        : 4255.92
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management:

processor       : 1
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 37
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU        P6200  @ 2.13GHz
stepping        : 5
microcode       : 0xd1070214
cpu MHz         : 1199.000
cache size      : 3072 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 2
cpu cores       : 2
apicid          : 4
initial apicid  : 4
fdiv_bug        : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 11
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx rdtscp lm
constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf pni
dtes64 monitor ds_cpl est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid popcnt lahf_lm arat
dtherm
bogomips        : 4255.92
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management:

   - Using dpkg --list | grep compiler give me the list of installed
   compilers and version:

ii  g++
4:4.8.1-2ubuntu3                                  i386         GNU C++
compiler
ii  g++-4.8
4.8.1-10ubuntu9                                   i386         GNU C++
compiler
ii  gcc
4:4.8.1-2ubuntu3                                  i386         GNU C
compiler
ii  gcc-4.8
4.8.1-10ubuntu9                                   i386         GNU C
compiler
ii  hardening-includes
2.3ubuntu1                                        all          Makefile for
enabling compiler flags for security hardening
ii  libxkbcommon0:i386
0.3.1-1                                           i386         library
interface to the XKB compiler - shared library