[gmx-users] Problem with gmx trjconv -box -1 -1 14

Stefano Borocci borocci at unitus.it
Wed Sep 3 11:38:49 CEST 2014

Hi all,
I am trying to use trjconv -box -1 -1 14 to modify the z dimention of the
box containing DMPC lipid bilayer and water.
I have used:

trjconv -f dmpc.xtc -pbc mol -center -o dmpc_mol_cent.xtc -s dmpc.tpr
trjconv -f dmpc_mol_cent.xtc -o dmpc_newbox.xtc -box -1 -1 14

Both the modified version of trjconv (as reported in
http://redmine.gromacs.org/issues/871) and the gmx trjconv of GROMACS 5.0
don't work. The -1 option in -box, for the x and y dimension, don't
preserve the original box size but changes these as 0: I obtain a box with
dimension 0 0 14.

Thanks in advance

Stefano

Dr Stefano Borocci
Laboratorio di Chimica e Chimica Computazionale
Dipartimento per la Innovazione nei Sistemi Biologici,
Agroalimentari e Forestali (DIBAF)
Università degli Studi della Tuscia
Largo dell'Università, snc 01100 Viterbo
Tel. +39-0761-357127
     +39-0761-357193
Fax  +39 0761-357179
e-mail: borocci at unitus.it