[gmx-users] Constraint and Temperature Drop in NVE

Johnny Lu johnny.lu128 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 18:21:47 CEST 2014

I try the following:

0. Minimization
1. NVT (100,000 steps of 2fs, 300K)
2. NPT (100,000 steps of 2fs, 300K, V-rescale thermostat)
3. NPT (5000 steps of 2fs, 308K, V-rescale thermostat)
4. 9 x NVE (each 32768 steps of 0.75 fs)
5. go to step 3.

I plan to get rid of the first of nine NVE steps, as an NVE equilibration
step.

At 0.75 fs, the total energy drop was about 0.03% per NVE step.

Will that be fine? I am a bit worry that step 3 is too short.
I pick 308K because last time when I choose 300K for step 3, step 4 drops
to 292 K.
I hope that the NVE will be about 300K.

May be I should look at the .edr file of step 3.

Thanks.