[gmx-users] itp file

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Sep 11 14:38:18 CEST 2014

On 9/11/14 6:09 AM, Lovika Moudgil wrote:
> Thanks for reply Lalit , Actually  my system have citrate anion and I want
> .itp for citrate and further I will use OPLA/SS force field!! It can't be
> generated be pdb2gmx!!

The OPLS-AA strategy is generally similar to GROMOS - you can piece the molecule
together from existing functional groups.  Since the force field already covers
everything you need for citrate, assigning charges and atomtypes is
straightforward.  You can create an .rtp entry for it and have pdb2gmx do all
the work of assigning the bonded interactions (you need to specify the [bonds],
pdb2gmx does the rest).

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601