[gmx-users] About .rtp File

Mohd Farid Ismail mohd.farid.ismail at yandex.com
Tue Sep 16 10:09:45 CEST 2014

Thank you Joao Martins.  I figured it out eventually, but it would've been easier if the manual is more explicit about this.  The oplsaa.ff directory for whatever reason doesn't have the residuetypes.dat (Gromacs v. 5.0.1) but I got everything to work.

One other question I have, is that pdb2gmx created a .top topology file and .itp file that apparently contains the constraints for heavy atoms.  I don't intend to have these constraints, and I haven't comb the manual or search the mailing list yet.  Is there anything in the .rtp file that I miss?  Can I delete these constraints?  The system is just a test system of 4000 1-propanol, using opls-aa.  Any input is appreciated.

Best regards,
--Farid