[gmx-users] Converting multiple crystal structure PDB's into .xtc file

Michael Carter Michael.Carter at icr.ac.uk
Wed Sep 17 10:22:16 CEST 2014

Hi,

I have been trying to convert multiple PDB files into a .xtc file using trjconv. I have saved all the crystal structures into one large PDB (with TER records included). However when I perform the trjconv I obtain a .xtc which consists of one large co-ordinate system (80,000 atoms) rather than 40 representations of 2000 atoms.

Therefore, once I run any further analysis, such as PCA, using a reference PDB file, I obtain an error where I am trying to compare a system of 2000 atoms to the co-ordinates of a system which GROMACS thinks is 80,000 atoms in size.

Is there a solution to writing multiple PDB's to an .xtc so that GROMACS understand that this is a crystal structure trajectory rather than one large system?

Thanks,
Michael

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only.  If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer and network.