[gmx-users] 答复: membrane protein simulation - errors

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Sep 18 21:13:02 CEST 2014

On 9/18/14 1:51 PM, Yunlong Liu wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> I built Gromacs 5.0.1 but it doesn't work even with pdb2gmx. Since my protein is patched with -NH3+ and -COO- at the N-terminus and C-terminus. I used -ter flag.
>
> But the program cannot recognize the terminus and returns error.

This probably comes from an ill-constructed coordinate file.  This would
probably also explain the somewhat cryptic message you got from grompp.

> I switched back to the Gromacs 5.0-rc1. It works fine with pdb2gmx and it fixed the error but got the previous "Non default U-B types" errors.
>
> I don't know what is the U-B types and how it is define in the gromacs.

It's because you're processing water, and pdb2gmx builds angles that it
shouldn't in the TIP3P molecules.  You should be able to strip out the water and
ions, process the protein and membrane, then add back the water and ion
coordinates.  Update [molecules] and proceed.

I still would strongly advise against using beta releases for production work.
A released version of Gromacs with bug fixes is more reliable.

-Justin