[gmx-users] Restart Arbitrary Frame & Thermostat.

Johnny Lu johnny.lu128 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 21:28:02 CEST 2014

I ran gmxcheck on an old cpt file:

Command line:
  gmxcheck -f nve1.cpt

Checking file nve1.cpt
Precision mismatch for state entry box, code precision is float, file
precision is double
Precision mismatch for state entry x, code precision is float, file
precision is double
Precision mismatch for state entry v, code precision is float, file
precision is double

# Atoms  30360
Last frame         -1 time  838.960

Item        #frames Timestep (ps)
Step             1
Time             1
Lambda           1
Coords           1
Velocities       1
Forces           0
Box              1

So, if a check point file is written at frame 1, and the first frame of the
whole simulation is frame 0, gmxcheck of the checkpoint file should give
last frame ... time 000.000 ? or 000.002, suppose the time step is 2 fs?