[gmx-users] regarding gromacs installation

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Sep 22 14:51:34 CEST 2014

On 9/22/14 3:00 AM, Anurag Dobhal wrote:
> I have followed the following steps for installaing gromacs 5.0.1
>
> tar xfz gromacs-5.0.1.tar.gz
> cd gromacs-5.0.1
> mkdir build
> cd build
> cmake .. -DGMX_BUILD_OWN_FFTW=ON -DREGRESSIONTEST_DOWNLOAD=ON
> make
> make check
> sudo make install
> source /usr/local/gromacs/bin/GMXRC
>

> please tell me weather these steps are enough to install gromacs or do i
> need to do some thing more.

In a simple sense, if it worked, then sure, that's all you need to do.  Whether
or not that's the best way to install Gromacs on your system is another matter,
but that's why we provide
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Installation_Instructions

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy