[gmx-users] process_top

Anton Feenstra k.a.feenstra at vu.nl
Tue Sep 23 20:37:56 CEST 2014

On 23-09-14 17:50, Joshua Carr wrote:
> Hi Anton,
>
> I did some extra searching and have only been able to find a short
> (single-sentence) description of what the program is meant to do.
>
> I have already made considerable progress on writing my own program to
> handle what I meant to use yours for, so don't worry too much about
> this. If you have the answer to my questions ready at hand, I'd still
> appreciate it, but if it will require any amount of testing or
> re-investigation of the code, feel free to ignore them.

It's been really long time since I used the script. What I remember is
that you first need to run cpp manuall, in the same way that grompp does
it. This also resolves the calls to included itp files. This can also be
obtained by using grompp -pp. You can then feed that processed.top file
to my script. It was used on one of the older gromacs forcefields, so it
is well possible that on newer forcefields not all of the relevant terms
get processed, so please proceed with care. I'm cc-ing the gmx-users
list for archiving.

--
Groetjes,

Anton
| / \ / \'| | | IBIVU/Bioinformatics - Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam   |
|(   |   )| | | De Boelelaan 1081 - 1081 HV Amsterdam - Netherlands   |
| \_/ \_/ | | | Tel +31 20 59 87783 - Fax +31 20 59 87653 - Room P136 |
|             | Feenstra at few.vu.nl - www.few.vu.nl/~feenstra/         |
|             | "Carry Me Away" (Motors)                              |