[gmx-users] Commands to run simulations using multiple GPU's in version 5.0.1

Johnny Lu johnny.lu128 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 18:21:33 CEST 2014

well... I think i read it somewhere that threaded MPI is a dropped in
replacement for real MPI. OpenMPI is a real MPI. So those two shouldn't be
compatible.
I think we chose that when we compiled gromacs (whether we use real MPI or
not). Threaded MPI is enabled by default if we didn't compile for gromacs
with real MPI.

Oh. If you use MPI when you compile, I think the binary should be mdrun_mpi
instead of just mdrun

"-DGMX_MPI=on to build using an MPI
<http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Installation_Instructions#mpi-support>
wrapper compiler" in (